So it's finally here. All the planning, all the preparation comes down to this: I have no idea if I'm actually prepared or not. I think I have everything I need (maybe a little too much) and I'm sure I've read what I need to know about each place I'm visiting, but there is this cloud of doubt looming over everything. What If I don't like it? What if I hate living out of a backpack? What if my hair can't stand the humidity and starts rebelling against me? A few friends have told me that I have balls to embark on this type of journey - well, I'm about to find out how big they are in a few hours!
Some people have asked me if I was sad about leaving. Yes and no. No, because I'm grateful for the change that is about to happen in my life and the changes it is going to make within me. Yes because three important people in my life will not be here when I get back, my roommate Courtney (moving to California for school), my friend Danielle (moving to Phoenix to be with husband), and my boyfriend Sean (going home to Australia for good). For this, I have been getting upset a bit, but I'm hoping the feeling dissipates and only thoughts of fond memories and the excitement of seeing them in the future at some point takes over. You can't dwell on things you can't change, right?
1 comment:
Answers (because while you're probably departing Detroit I'm stuck in Minneapolis waiting for Philly air traffic to clear up) --
If you don't like "it"...well, I'll cut myself off there because you WILL like it, and if you don't like a particular place you'll just move on.
If you don't like living out of a backpack shack up with Sean for a while, or go live with my friends in New Zealand!
If your hair rebels against you, please shave your head. And then post and send a LOT of photos. Dreadlocks are a distant second option.
Post a Comment