Friday, January 18, 2008

Konichiwa!

Well, I'm in Tokyo, Japan right now after a grueling 13 hour flight from Detroit. I had an exit row seat so I wasn't as packed in like the rest of the passengers, but I was stuck to a slightly creepy older man who wanted me to join him on a cruise for a week of passion (ew!). The conversation started getting very inappropriate and the nice young man to my left offered to switch places with me so I wouldn't be so weirded out. Who said chivalry was dead? I just put on my headphones and watched 2 good movies and 1 crappy movie to pass the time and avoid the creepy old man. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and just pass it off as him being lonely, but when he made a comment that he is afraid to shake hands with people in Asia because of AIDS, then I was like, whatever dude! Just one of the gems he told me.

My flight to Bangkok is delayed (and they were sure to mention it was due to a late aircraft arrival from America) so that means I'm gonna get into Bangkok at around 1:30am. Ugh. It's 6pm here but my internal clock says 4am and I hardly slept on the last flight so I gotta get some zzz's on this next one and hope to get some more zzz's when I get into my room. I may be functional on the first day after all!

I just exchanged some dollars for yen and got some gummi candy and this clear Gatorade X-Tra drink that was the only thing I could find without alcohol in it at the little store. Time to go watch some sumo wrestling! Sleep tight y'all...

3 comments:

Meegs said...

not even in Asia one day and already propositioned... only you Fick

BloomWhereYou'rePlanted said...

I have to say I'm a little dissappointed you were looking for the non-alcoholic drinks :) I'm glad you got there safe!

Anonymous said...

yah gummi candy!!!!!