I'm adjusting to things a lot better today. I was able to arrange transportation to Kanchuraburi with minimal hassle, visited the Royal Palace and Wat Pho, and had some great food and snacks today.
My Thai language skills are getting better, although most people where I'm at speak a decent amount of English to get by in a conversation. I can say hello, goodbye, I'm fine, and thank you with confidence and although people great me with a "Hello!" I always answer back in Thai and it immediately puts a smile on their face.
Today I have a big bowl of delicious papaya, pinapple, banana, and watermelon topped with yogurt for breakfast, a watermelon smoothie for a snack and shrimp & curry flavored potato chips. Yum! I'm going to dinner in a few minutes where I may treat myself to a Thai foot massage for $3/half hour and maybe a beer while I write my postcards. I saw a dress at a shop and I may stop in as well to see how much I can haggle for it.
Tomorrow, Kanchanaburi!
3 comments:
Would they get mad if you rubbed a lottery ticket on Buhdda's belly for good luck or is that not acceptable?
Love the pics. I hope time stands still and you trip doesn't fly by.
~joey
Hey, My friends who were in Tailand for a semester abroad had these AWESOME skirt suits custom made and they said it was dirt cheap. I'm glad you're having a good time, the pictures are amazing! I miss you!
joan
can you please introduce tappa to the thai people?
Hope you are having a great time!
Post a Comment