Yesterday was a big day of touring, my first really. I headed out with a group to see Sai Yak
Noi Waterfalls and it was very serence. I could have sat by the water all day and read. Some of us then went to Hat Din thermal springs to partake of its theraputic joys. First, you go into the cold water for 10 minutes and then hop into the hot water for 10 minutes and you go back and forth several times. I usually got into the cold water, said, "screw this" and headed back to the hot water! A very relaxing way to start the day.
After lunch we headed to the Hellfire Pass and the Memorial
Museum. The museum had a lot of the same information as the Death Railway Museum and it was just as powerful. Me and 2 Britsh girls I befriended then walked the path of the Konyu Cutting (as it was officially called) AKA Hellfire Pass named for the fires that were set in the night so the POWs could continue work. Afterwards we headed to the actual Death Railway and boarded a train for a short 20 minute ride back towards Kanchanaburi. Very beautiful and it makes you smile until you think of all the men who died to build it.
The final stop on the tour was a trip to the famous Bridge over the River Kwai. It's, well, a bridge. We caght it as the sun was going down so it was actually quite beautiful from solid ground. I was starting to cross it , but there were too many tourists and the sides weren't fenced so fearing a fall to my untimely demise, I headed back. Safety first (right Becky?).
After lunch we headed to the Hellfire Pass and the Memorial
All in all it was a great day. Enjoy the pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment