Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Around Town

Below is a slide show of random stuff aroud Bangkok. The street scenes will give you an idea of how crummy, crowded and polluted Bangkok can be and then there are some pics of some really beautiful places which is just so random.

I've been hitting the pavement pretty hard the last few days so I can't wait to do more touring and partaking of outdoor activities like trekking, cycling, swimming, etc. My feet are killing me, but luckily Jaime gave me a blister and foot care package for Xmas and it's coming in very handy.

I met my first friend on Monday! His name is Adam, from London, and he saw me having breakfast by myself and he asked to join me and I was happy to have the company. More importantly, I was happy to converse with someone who spoke English in more than just broken sentences. He told me about his travels and how he just quit his job and started traveling because he couldn't afford to buy a house in London and it suprisingly sounded like my story. He gave me some good advice: don't be shy and just go up to people and strike up conversation or it can get lonely. Advice I've already put to use on a tour I took today!

Enjoy the pics! I'm going to try to go back and caption the pics so you know what they are. Give me a few days...

2 comments:

scott k said...

Glad to hear you are making friends. Take care of your feet. Take a taxi or bus every once and a while will ya.

Unknown said...

I am so impressed and jealous! I'm glad you're doing well. Get someone to take some pictures with you in them so that we know you're really there (not that I doubt it...).