Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Vacation from Our Vacation

After a few leisurely days in Canberra, me and the boy headed to the South Coast, where quiet, family-oriented towns dot the coastline. We stayed for almost two days and split our time between Mollymook, Ulladulla, and Bateman's Bay, where Sean's family used to vacation. When I say quiet, I mean quiet! no boardwalk, no amusement piers of raucous bars, just peace and quiet. Ahhhhhhhh. We dined and played the pokies at the local golf club (similar in concept to an RSL) before heading back to our lovely room with some VB for a night in front of the tube. Everything closed at 10pm so we couldn't have gone out if we wanted too! I'm sure we could have driven and found someplace, but we weren't too bothered. Afterall, laying in bed and watching TV is what Sean and I do best :)

The next day we relaxed on the beach in Mollymook for a few hours. There was hardly anyone there since it was slightly cool in the beach
. it would be the same if you would go to the shore in Jersey at the end of September and it was starting to get chilly. We then drove to Bateman's Bay for a late lunch of fish & chips, oysters, and caramel slice - yum! I'm such a huge fan of fish & chips, but get this - you have to pay extra for condiments in Oz! From ketchup packets to cups of cocktail sauce, you gotta fork out extra dough for it. Outrageous! I'm glad I live in a country where condiments are free. After rolling ourselves to the car, we drove through some towns and Sean pointed out various points of interest, like all the bars he used to get drunk at with his friends when they would go to the beach on weekends. Nice! Afterwards, we headed back home and I continued to take pics of the sights. Nothing like a romantical getaway at the beach!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so awesome ficky...keep up with all the great post and pics!