The past two weeks have been wonderful and I apologize for not keeping you up to date on my whereabouts or my adventures. After I left Brisbane, I headed for Byron Bay for 2 days and
met up with Tom, Ade, Peter, Fransiska, and Romy, all from my sailing trip a few weeks earlier. We decided to go out and have a big night in Bryon Bay and the pics are attached. They are pretty much self explanatory. Note to self: mixing passion fruit soda and Passion Pop (cheap azz champagne) may taste great, but it will deal you a wicked and crippling hangover in the morning. I crawled to the beach the next day, armed with some tabloid rags since that
was all my mind was capable of digesting in the hot sun. I managed to take some pics of the sights for posterity.I should mention that I stayed in the coolest hostel in Byron Bay. It was called 'The Arts Factory' and was once a hippie community and music/arts factory for the locals. It still has a organic feel to it and the people were not the usual drunk teens on holiday so the atmosphere was more relaxed and chill. Reservations are hard to come by, so I was pleasantly surprised when I called and they had one bed available. Dorm, single, what was it? Tepee. What? It was in a tepee! Who knew tepees were still even made? Besides the cool digs, the hostel had the best facilities for travelers. The
yard had hammocks for relaxing, a great pool, some guy who will teach you how to play a didgeridoo and gobs of stoned hippies. Kinda like college, just no pool or moonbounce like on Burd St.Anyhoo, I left Bryon Bay that night on an overnight bus to Sydney to meet up with my boyfriend, Sean. We reunited the next day and it was so great to see him again after 2 months! So, I guess that's what's been keeping me from blogging the last 2 weeks. We've been spending as much time as possible together and I sorta took a break from the web. Right now we are in bed and he is watching 'Family Guy' and I am blogging to try to catch up - we already feel like an old married couple!
Postings on Sydney and Canberra are on their way!!! Promise!!!
2 comments:
Passion pop?? I have not heard anyone mention that in ages!
My friend from the Byron Bay area just left my house this am...I am way overdue for my return to Australia!
Tell Sean we all say hi! Love and Miss Ya!!!!
Post a Comment