After getting a good night's sleep, Sean and I headed out on Sunday to start what would be a few days of touring. What better way to start a Sunday than with some good old fashioned brunch? I hadn't had brunch in months so this was a real treat! We headed down the main artery of Surrey Hills, Crown Street, and popped into a placed called Melegrano. After a killer omelet and some cappachino goodness, we got his Mom's car to take around town. Go ahead, laugh for borrowing Mommy's car, but it made life simple for us! We started at Watson's Bay, close to the south head with
views where the sea meets the bay and of the north head. We walked along a coastal path that took us down to the bay and out for ocean views. After our walk, we stopped by an old-school family run place that sold tasty fish and chips and made ourselves a little picnic in the park - just perfect! After refueling, we headed down to Coogee Beach for a beer and to stroll along the promenade. Nothing too exciting at Coogee Beach, but it was a quiet little beach, not for party animals. We then headed over to Bronte Beach to start the Bronte to Bondi coastal walk. It took about 100 minutes to complete the trip to and back to Bondi along the coastline and the views were just
stunning! We then rested for a bit on Bronte Beach and braved the harsh surf for some frolicking. Yes I remembered to swim between the flags as it would be terrible to have to be rescued, again, by some hot, bronzed lifeguard. Just terrible. The water was clear as day, but I can't remember ever being in waves that big and strong! They broke close to the beach so no danger, but I got bounced around a bit, but it was all good, if not tiring, fun.
With a long day behind us, we retired back to Surrey Hills for a homemade curry dinner, courtesy of Zac. WE decided to drink some wine and hang out in the apartment that night, embracing our laziness and assembling on the couch for some TV instead. I know that I should have gone and explored a bit more since I can just sit and watch TV when I'm at home, but I was tired from walking all day and Aussie TV is so deliciously cheesy to watch that it was almost impossible to look away. The Aussie version of 'So You Think You Can Dance?' is one of the worst offenders, but I found myself unable to unglue my eyeballs from it! The way the contestants talk about their dancing makes you think they are about to cure cancer or something important. After a few more glasses of goon (cheap box wine), I retired for the night with Sean for another night of glorious sleep.
So, what do I mean by the title? Maybe you all realized it, but didn't realize how much water surrounds Sydney. The harbour contains numerous bays and waterways that stretch and diverge into and around Sydney and then you have the ocean side, with all those gorgeous beaches that Sydney is famous for. Water, everywhere! Ok, Ok, maybe I need to brush up on my geography a bit...
No comments:
Post a Comment