Saturday, March 8, 2008

It's a Sad Day

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I must report on the loss of my iPod. While packing up from my dorm room on my way to a sailing trip, I inadvertently forgot to pack up my beloved music delivery system and left it sitting on a table. Ironically, I remembered to pack the charge cable. Now, I must endure stretches of silence on buses, in bed or on the beach. While it's not as bad as leaving, say, my passport somewhere, it still make me mad that I didn't take more care with it. But, as my old roommate Marla, a world traveler herself, pointed out to me before I left, "Don't take anything with you that you can't part with or will be sad if it gets ruined."

I called the hostel, but by the time I realized it was gone (3 days later) I was sure it was pocketed by some lucky traveler. Housekeeping checked and it was no longer there, although I clung to the hope that it may have been ignored by other travelers as belonging to someone currently staying in the room, thus leaving it alone, but alas, no. I shall now only have my tears to lull me to sleep every night...

1 comment:

cmoore said...

oh nooooooo. :(


at least you saved all those CDs...