Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Isn't She Lovely?

Here she is! My new baby! I would like to introduce you to the Specialized Crux frameset. I usually like to research my purchases before dropping this much cash, but I don't really have time to dawdle on this since the first race is right around the corner. Ansel over at Bicycle Therapy helped me with measurements, finding the closest match to them with what was available from various companies in the time frame I need it. This was pretty much my only option besides a super expensive carbon frame so I said yeah, let's do it. The downside is I'm not going to have it until Labor Day weekend if I'm lucky, but Ansel said they'll work with the Specialized rep to get it to me ASAP since I kinda need it soon. I need more training!

Bike nerds, here are your specs:
Frame: Specialized E5 SLX aluminum, fully manipulated tubing, smooth weild semi-compact race design, shaped TT, 1.5" lower bearing, internal cable routing, integrated headset, threaded BB
Fork: FACT carbon legs, alloy crown and steerer, 1-1/2" lower bearing

The good news about my old frame (RIP) is the Orbea rep can get me a crash replacement for it. The bad news is Orbea has no 'cross frames right now and I'm looking at Nov/Dec until they do. So eventually I'll end up with 2 complete 'cross builds with one going into the pit as my backup bike during races.

Thank you to Ansel, Toby and Lee at Bicycle Therapy for all the help getting this squared away. I feel sooooooooooooooooooo much better now!

No comments: