Today was my last day as a medical study participant for my most recent study and I must say, this time around was a piece of cake. For two days I watched TV, did research on the Internet and took naps whenever I felt like it. Pretty easy! Seriously, the only sucky part was when the nurses inserted the IV's into my arms. I was supposed to get this cumbersome heart monitor attached to me via half a dozen electrodes, but apparently the woman who knew how to hook it up was out sick so they decided to scrap it altogether. Today, I received a glucose tolerance test and in an effort to avoid getting hypoglycemic this time around, they monitored my blood sugar every few minutes. I felt fine, but the study coordinator decided to stop the procedure since my sugar kept going lower and she didn't want to chance it. Yay! I didn't want to go through that crap again either so I appreciated the decision. My IV's were removed and after packing up my things, I was outta there. Now I just sit back, relax and wait for a nice big check from the University of Pennsylvania to hit my mailbox.
Since I left early, I had a half day to do whatever I wanted. Technically I could've showered and headed to my office to put in a half day (ha!), but I instead took advantage of the gorgeous day and the fact it was pay day to run a few errands. I stopped at Sophie's Yarns for purchase some knitting needles for a project, saw my stylist for a bang trim since I have been walking around looking like a shaggy dog for the past few weeks, and then took my newly trimmed bangs to the DMV to renew my license photo (is that cheating?). God I thought that place was going to be like the 7th level of hell, but I was in and out in less than 10 minutes - no joke! Just remember the next time you need to hit up the DMV on Market Street - Wednesdays at 3pm is when you need to go.
I also did something I hadn't done since my big trip earlier this year. I ate alone in a cafe. I had stopped at Essene for some yummy veggy grub since it was right by Sophie's Yarns and once I got my millet and black bean burrito and sat down, it hit me. I love eating alone and it reminded me so much of my trip and that made me very happy. Ah memories :)
I think the funniest thing that happened today was getting Stu's cat stoned off catnip. Courtney told me when I was away that Nelson and Maude became catnip addicts and would hide the catnips toys in a secret spot and then go huff it when they needed a fix! So I bought a small toy with real catnip inside plus some other playthings and let them loose all over the apartment. Nelson ran over to the catnip toy and began FREAKING out and biting and slobbering all over it and just being a spaz in general. It was at this moment that Stu entered the apartment and saw her stoned kitty and we both had a laugh. It is now hidden and will only be brought out under supervised conditions.
Happy Humpday!
1 comment:
did Stu tell you about the intervention we had to do?! as in, when Stu was in tears because we all thought Nelson had gotten out and returned to his life of sin on the streets, when in fact he just got high and hid in your mattress? yeah. definitely a toy for supervision.
Post a Comment