Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Edition

With the recent departure of Tastykake, we have again acquired another kitty in need of a safe and loving forever home. Meet Squinty! He is a small kitten who developed entropion, which means that his eyelids roll inward and his eyelashes scratch his corneas, making things quite uncomfortable. Once he is a bit bigger, he will need surgery to correct this problem, but for now, he can sorta see. I have to put meds in his eyes twice daily so we'll see how he likes that. He isn't very socialized so he'll need lots of attention and love so he can learn to trust people. It was suggested to me to carry him around to help him adjust to my rather large apartment and to let Maude, Nelson, and Frankie sniff him so they can adjust as well. I'm going to try to make a kitten sling from some directions I found here.

I will also be taking suggestions for a new name for this little guy. Once I get to know him, a name may pop into my head that will be perfect for him, but until then, I will depend on you, my faithful followers, for suggestions.

2 comments:

cmoore said...

Perhaps a Phillies-related moniker would be appropriate? Depending on how things go...

Fick said...

I think we are going with Gus!