Thursday, October 16, 2008

Congrats Tastykake!

Today was a big day for one of my foster kitties, Tastykake - she was officially adopted by a caring young man in West Philadelphia! While it was hard to load her up in the carrier and take her from what has been her home for the last six months, I'm really happy for this feisty little girl. I have no doubt in my mind she will adjust very quickly to her new digs and be a great companion to her new Dad.

I was a bit sad yesterday at the prospect of losing her, but when you foster animals, you have to be prepared for when that day comes. On the bright side, I now have room for another kitty, preferably a male so I don't have yet another chick fighting for her territory in my apartment. Boy kitties just seem to not care and fall into place fairly quickly.

OK, here goes my shameless plug - if you would be interested in fostering kitties and making a difference in the lives of homeless cats in Philadelphia, check out the City Kitties web site for more details. If you can't foster because of your landlord, allergies, cat-hating boyfriend, etc, donations are always needed and 100% go towards the care of the animals we foster. Every cat deserves a shot at a happy and healthy life and from the looks of love I get from my fosters, I can tell you they appreciate it!

3 comments:

cmoore said...

IT IS MAUDE'S TURN.

Fick said...

Someone is coming over to see her today so, again, keep those fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

yahhhhhhh !!!!!! so happy for her!