Hmmm, funny you ask because yes I am. How much? Well, let's see...16 weeks, which most of my friends would quantify as a shitload. A backpacking adventure or a leave of absence if you prefer the more proper term.Today I working on a plan for island hopping while on the Western Coast of Thailand. The goal is to avoid overdeveloped resorts and spend more time at smaller, more remote locations. I will be visiting Phuket to meet up with a friend of a friend for a SCUBA certification, but beyond that, I'd like to find some pieces of paradise that haven't been developed for tourism. So far, I've found a beach bungalow on an isolated bay near Nopparatara National Marine Park. Perfect for swimming, laying in a hammock reading, snorkeling, and just relaxing. They don't even have electric from 6am until 6pm - talk about secluded! I'm going to be covering a lot of ground, so I have to remember to take time and enjoy where I am instead of running off to the next place. Of course, in my head I want to visit as much as possible, but I keep telling myself that I can always go back on another trip.
1 comment:
FICK!!! I am so very jealous and excited for you and your trip.
ps: you left your i-pod off the "most important items" survey list. You need a soundtrack to travel to.
Post a Comment