I'm going to Ireland! Huh? You thought I was heading in the opposite direction? I am, just not until January 17th. I'll be in Ireland with the boy from January 1 - January 8 for a wedding for one of his friends from Australia. Several of his mates plus their lady friends will be joining us as well for a week of touring, drinking, and celebrating. I can't wait to experience a real Guinness pint in a cozy pub with some local music. We will be flying into Dublin very early on January 1 and staying near the Temple Bar area downtown. We'll hook up with his friends and the boys will most likely hole themselves up in a pub for the duration of the day to catch up and the ladies will make do with some sightseeing, shopping or maybe we will hole ourselves up in a different bar and flirt with hot Irishmen. Eh, they'll be too drunk to realize what's going on (the boyfriends, not the locals) After two days, we grab a car and head out to Carrickamacross (about 45 min outside Dublin) near where the wedding will be held. Most of us are staying at a local inn for 2 or 3 days, where the itinerary for the next 3 days can be decided upon. Since most places in Ireland are relatively close together, we may attempt a day trip to Kilkenny and Galway, taking in the scenery along the way. It will be my first time driving on the left side of the road, so naturally I'm terrified, since driving on the right side of the road is problomatic for me!
The boy and I will be staying at Cabra Castle Saturday and Sunday, where the wedding will take place and let me tell you that it is probably the classiest place I will ever stay. The wedding is on a Sunday, there will be brunch the next day with the family and guests and then we head back to Dublin for one more night since our flight leaves at 6:50am. The time is ridiculous, but what is more ridiculous is the cost of the flight if we would have left later in the morning. Then I have 9 days in Philly to get my crap in order and then leave for the BIG trip. Wheeee!
No comments:
Post a Comment