Tonight was my third attempt at the B ride from the Art Museum. The last two weeks have been utterly brutal and have left me feeling a bit disappointed about my progress. I know it's only going to help me become a stronger rider, but oy is it difficult.Not tonight! I was determined to ride better (smarter) this time around. The last two weeks I've hung on the back, but this time around I made the point of staying in the pack or on someone's wheel the whole ride to take advantage of the draft and tried my damndest to not let gaps open up between me and the rest of the group. I paced myself up hills, concentrated on my pedal stroke and made pretty solid gear selections (I tend to try to power though hills and whatnot only to leave myself spent). Surprise, surprise, it worked! Now, I still worked my ass off tonight, but I feel way more confident about my Thursday night ride. I even got a few fist bumps from another rider, holla.
No comments:
Post a Comment