Friday, July 9, 2010

Lookin' Good is Half the Battle

My parents are coming down on Sunday to watch me race - yay! There are over 1000 participants so I have no idea how long each leg/transition is going to take so I really don't know when I'm going to pass certain landmarks so I can't tell anyone where to watch or when I'm coming by. Tom and Cheryl will probably miss the swim portion and might see me on the bike, but most likely they will see me while running across the finish line in my running gear. I had to describe what I'll be wearing so they can look for me and here it is: white Nike Dri-Fit tank with fusion gym logo on it, black Zoot tri shorts, light gray/orange Nike Frees 7.0 and black Smith sequel II sunglasses. I'll be wearing the same thing on my bike, except I'll have on my red Sidi cycling shoes and wearing a black/blue helmet. I don't have to wear a bike jersey so I opted just to wear the Dri-Fit tank for both portions to save time in transition. The swim will be just be the shorts and my sports bra. If I had more time for training, I might have opted for a wetsuit, but I'll have to make do without one.

At least I look like I know what I'm doing.

No comments: