Tonight Flynn and I completed our tri training with a brick workout that resemble what we will be doing on Sunday.
Flynn was having trouble doing the 17 mile bike circuit in under an hour so I threw some toe cages and straps on her pedals and gave her quick tutorial on pedaling, prefaced with the disclaimer that I an NOT a pro (more like Cat 32) and any advice should be taken with a grain of salt. We started the 17 mile circuit on the drives and managed to come in just under an hour - 56 minutes. We averaged 18 mph and now we both have a good idea as to what we need to do on our bikes to be successful.
I wasn't willing to keep my bike locked up around the Art Museum (the thought makes me woozy) so we opted to ride back to my house and put our bikes in my apartment and then head off on our 5k run. We attempted to run the Ben Franklin bridge, but it was now almost 10pm and it was closed to pedestrians. Dammit. We ran along Penn's Landing instead. We ran past the place where they show movies and a security guard told us we couldn't run through. Huh? There was hardly anybody on the walkway at this point and it's not like we were sprinting through knocking down little old ladies and small children. Very weird. Flynn was keeping a pretty brisk pace and I was really tired at this point, but it wasn't terrible. I can probably go faster on the run portion, but we'll see how I feel after swimming and riding in the hot sun. We finished up and headed back to my house and that was it, no more tri training!
I have two days of rest to look forward to and then a very early, very long morning on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment