Thursday, July 1, 2010

Milage & Mojitos

Today marks the first day of July, the end of a very, very busy June. I made it!

First off, I took the day off and the rest of the week for an extra long holiday weekend. Joey and I decided to meet up again for coffee in VF now that the temps are much higher. At first we were going to meet at 6:30am (groan), but then he remembered he was working later that day so we met at 9am instead. Perfect! After a 30 min rest of muffins and coffee, I headed back to Philly, without crippling hypothermia. Total miles: 50.

After a bit of rest at home I headed back out and made my way to Glenside to Lisa and Ginger's house for the Mojito/Meat Party. Lisa handed me a bowl of high protein pasta with veg and avocado for refueling and I began the sampling of the delicious meat products available: ribs, steak, empanadas, and of course washed it down with a dragonberry mojito (yes, I was also drinking lots of water as well). After a few hours on the deck feeding my face I headed back to Philly to get Lenox ready for his adoption. Total miles: 35.

I rode 85 miles today. I was aiming for 100 and really wanted to do my Thursday night training ride through Gladwyne, but I don't think another 30 miles was necessary or a good idea. I love days off.

No comments: