There is a good thing that came about our little protest. We ended up walking past a hot dog stand!!!!!!! I know, hot dogs in Holland? No more crazy than the cheesesteaks in Thailand! I walked up to the stand and ordered a medium (there's more than 1 size?) and slather it with raw onion and mustard. Mayo was an option as the Dutch put it on everything, but ewwww. The roll was pretty decent, but the meat was so weird and Travis pointed out that it looked like the dogs were from jars, so double ewwwwww. It was satisfying until the end when I realized I didn't like it too much, but I finished it and can confirm that from here on out all hot dogs consumed by myself will only be done in the USA.
We proceeded to wander around the Jordaan, down the little streets, get an education in absinthe from a shopkeeper and then head back to the hostel. There were probably some beers in there on the way back too, but I can't remember. Since it was going to be rainy again and we should take it easy on the booze for a night, we head on out to the movies and go see 'Star Trek' with Dutch subtitles, which are terribly distracting. I got some popcorn and was slightly disappointed that there were no butter machines and then I realized why. It was kettle corn popcorn and my heart was so set on the savory variety that it almost made me sad. By far the worst thing that has happened to me on this trip :)
'Star Trek' was incredible so I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up. Sayin'
No comments:
Post a Comment