Mark and Bonnie picked up Susan and I on Friday evening and we left the thriving metropolis of Philadelphia and ventured into mountain country. Upon arrival ,we were greeted by a roaring fire and lots of familiar faces - Joni, Brian, Tina, Nate, Hartman, New Matt, Becky and Jeff. After cracking some ciders and catching up with everyone, Becky and I were sung "Happy Birthday!" and shared some birthday cupcakes. Thanks again everyone!
On Saturday we all packed into Jaime's Suburban and drove the mile to the Split Rock Resort, where the beer fest was happening. After waiting and waiting and waiting, and some stategic line cutting by Tina, we finally received our tasting glasses and were unleashed onto the floor. I promptly lost everyone and started tasting anything and everything I could. My highlights were the Stone's IPA and Mendecino's Red Hawk Ale. There were some iffy quaffs, but for the most part, everything was interesting and I'd like to think I broadened by palette a bit. After 3.5 hours of beer drinking *burp* we piled back in the Suburban, which now included Steph and Jeff, and headed back to the house. After all that beer, I was so glad to have some Magner's Hard Cider to drink. I also had some Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale, lovingly brought my Mark after a failed search for the elusive brew.
Here's to beers, good friends, and even more beer. Cheers!
2 comments:
Great friends! Great time! Great pictures!
Must be nice...
Post a Comment