Friday, November 21, 2008

First Snow!

The other day I was walking out of the Gallery and I saw something fall to the ground out of the corner of my eye. I just figured it was some sort of crud or fallout from God knows what, but then I heard someone mention a word.

Snow.

Well, more like a few random flakes, not even flurries as I only saw about 5 flakes, but it still got me all excited! Fast forward to today and I leave my house this morning and I am greeted with many more snowflakes on my commute to work. YESSSSSSSSS!


What is it about the fluffly white stuff that gets me all worked up? Maybe it's the memories of sledding with my sisters and Dad, or the snowdays spent with friends or the days/nights at the bar at Ship during storms. Maybe I'm so happy because I don't have to drive with people who can't navigate in snow, even though they've lived here for years so snow shouldn't be a new phenominom to them. Maybe it's how quiet and still everything gets at night and the only thing you hear while walking is the crunch of snow and the very tiny sounds the snow makes when it lands. When you live in the heart of a major city, this is quite remarkable to witness!

Now, as get into the mid-morning, the snowfall has picked up, much to my delight, and I get to watch it from my cube as I *cough* work. We probably won't get much or any accumulation here in the city, but rest of y'all should get some stuff that sticks. Should make the commute to the Poconos interesting tonight! I can't wait to grab a Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale and plop myself into the hot tub. Cheers!

No comments: