There are more hopping malls in KL that you can sake a stick at and the good part is they are all air-conditioned so I spent time in them just staying cool and browsing. I was going to buy a snazzy outfit for going out in KL and Singapore, but didn't just because new jeans would need a new pair of shoes and then need a new purse to match, etc. Too overwhelming. I may get something nice in Singapore though since it is very cosmopolitan there and I will feel out of place in a beat up tank top. I want to feel like a girl again!I delayed my tour of the Petronas Towers until the last day and that was a bit of a gamble. The passes for the SkybrigeTour are first come, first served starting at 8:30am until they are gone (800 tickets only). Ugh, had to get up early and even then, if get there and the line is long and the passes are all gone, I would have been up shit's creek. Luckily, a nice woman named Wendy from the hostel wanted to join me so that motivated me to get up and go. The good news is we were at the Petronas Towers at 8:30am and score a free pass to the
Skybridge Tour for 10:45am. Yeah! There was a presentation by Petronas that talked briefly about the conception (I won't bore you with the details of the construction, check it out for yourself here) to the construction of the towers and then kinda segued into a advertisement for Petronas and showcased what they did as a company and how they helped the community. Then we go up to the Skybridge and the views are so, WOW! At the end there was a nice exhibition with interactive games to determine how many times taller the towers are that you (me - 301 Meters). The towers aren't just tall, that much is apparent. They are circled by ribbons of steel that makes it shine and almost glitter far above what any of the other buildings do. You notice it right away and you just can't help but stare at it! So shiny and pretty...I felt like Homer Simpson.The previous night I was given a good nugget of information. At the top of the Trader's Hotel there is a bar called Skybar and is situated right across from the Petronas Towers. It has the best view of the towers, especially when viewed at night. It's pretty ritzy, so I donned a dress and my best flip flops and headed over in the hopes of getting a table with a view. I was slightly under dressed (by slightly, I mean I wasn't wearing my Gucci shoes and my wallet wasn't in a Fendi clutch), but was seated next to the balcony with the most amazing view! The towers are lit up so spetacularly at night and it just screams, "Look at me!" I was probably a little dorky whipping out my foldable tripod for the night shot of the towers, but who cares, I sipped on my million dollar mojito and enjoyed the view!
Enjoy the rest of the pics!
2 comments:
Those are the towers that are in the movie Entrapment with Sean Connery! It was just on TV this morning - very cool that you got to see it in real life!
Drink the damn water Fick:-)
Post a Comment