Friday, February 8, 2008

Ko Phangan

Ok, Ok, so the other day pretty much sucked. After spending the night in this horrible little bungalow in the woods, I decided to ask around town and maybe I can get a better room, but would have to pay a lot more, but it would've been worth it so I didn't have to stay at Camp Crystal Lake anymore. So, I woke up early and headed to the main drag for some breakfast (there is this resturant that plays 'Family Guy' episodes all day!) and to possibly find alternative accomodation. The first place was nice and right on the beach, but it was over $40 a night so that was out (it did have A/C and hot water though) so I figured most of the places would be like that. I tried the Resort at the end of the street and asked for a fan/cold water room and it was $20! The crap-hole is was currently in was $10! It's a miracle! I grabbed all my stuff and checked into my new digs which had a view of the beach, a nice bathroom and access to a great pool! So things worked out after all and it immediately changed my attitude. I was going to leave after 2 days, but decided to stay for the extra day.

So, what have I been doing all this time on Ko Phangan? Working on my tan, reading, and watching movies. I really LOVE how you can watch movies at most restaurants. This place last night showed movies on the roof and I watched 'Poseiden' and 'Resident Evil: Extinction' and tonight I will watch 'Diehard 4' before I leave town. The beach is virtually deserted before 12pm, so it's kinda peaceful, until people start dragging their hungover asses out there to sleep. It's funny. Then I go up to the pool and relax some more and read. I read 'Damage Done: 10 Years in a Bangkok Prison' by Warren Fellows and it was shocking and so crazy. This Aussie gets busted transporting heroin (he is NOT trying to garner sympathy) and gets locked away in the most appalling conditions immaginable. It's a great, if not incredibly sad story.



Last night I went to a bar for a few cold ones and then grabbed some ice cream and headed home. Does it get better that that?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I officially hate you.

miss you!

BloomWhereYou'rePlanted said...

mmmm....I agree with mancini's sentiment.... I'm on vacation too but it's -6 degrees in Boston!