Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Any Regrets?

I will be gone for 14 weeks this winter and of course I'm terribly excited to go, but is there anything I'll be sorry I missed? Of course. I can't keep postponing this trip because there will always be something I'll have to miss. The big ones:

  • My dear roommate Courtney will be moving out of the house the week before I return and leaving for San Fransisco to persue an acupuncture degree. I'm sad that I won't be around to see her off, but there is always the possibility of a long weekend in San Fransisco with her!
  • Patti and Chris will be getting married the week before I return. I was originally was going to be in the bridal party and then, after much agonizing, decided to bow out and stay overseas a bit longer. I hope to be with them in spirit will tip back some champagne on their special day for them.
  • My sister Katrina is turning 30 and I'm sure she will do something fun and special to celebrate. Her birthday is on March 1st so I'll be able to get a few things in Thailand and Malaysia and send them home. It's the best I can do. Sigh.
  • My alumni match at Shippensburg. I do love beating up on the babies every year, but I leave that to some very capable clams. First one I'm missing. Dammit.

Since some of the above events are happening righ before I return, why not just come back early? Now, that thought crossed my mind about a zillion times, but I wanted to squeeze as much time out of my leave of absence as I could. It's not like I could come back and then go to the wedding the next day as I will likely be sleeping for a few days when I return. I wanted to make decisions based on the least amount of restraints.

The one event I will be back for will be Jaime and Jason's wedding in May. She tried to let me off the hook and say she understood if I wanted to stay longer and miss the wedding, but she's been my best friend for 12 years and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

2 comments:

cmoore said...

Aww. But you know I want you to stay as long as you possibly can, so I can live vicariously through you and have one more excuse to lure you out to SF for some west-coast-style fun...

P.S. Perrin found this: http://www.budgettravel.com

Scrumhalf Connection said...

I added a link to my sidebar for your blog. Would you do the same and add mine to your blog?

It's http://westrugby.blogspot.com

Thank you!
Wendy