I got several travel guides and books recently, including customs and etiquette guides for Thailand and Indonesia (still have to get one for Malaysia). I'm pretty confident that I can go through Australia and New Zealand without making many culteral faux pas, but the rest of my trip will require a bit more research and reading to prevent unintentional insults or embarrassment. I'm a big fan of the Rough Guides series of books. The more I read, the more confidence I'm gaining about being able to do this trip.
I'm also receiving a ton of information from friends that have either been to one of the countries I will visit or have friends/family that have been there and can put me in contact. Every nugget of information I get is hopefully something I don't have to figure out or worry about, so I'm grateful.
If you've been to Thailand, Malaysia, or Indonesia, what is the best piece of advice you can give about visiting these countries?
No comments:
Post a Comment