Today my sister Katrina had plans to got to the Art Museum to see the Picasso exhibit so I was going to miss my regularly scheduled group ride. I decided to map a new route and go out early for a spin to get some riding in for the day. Below is what I mapped:
If you are unfamiliar with the areas in red then it might not dawn on you that THIS IS THE MOST DEPRESSING ROUTE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. If you are familiar then I know you are asking yourself, what the hell made you ride that route? Well it is flat and I thought I could work on my speed a bit and get out and back fairly quickly. Wrong. Every single road had tons of glass, debris and potholes and I can't freakin' believe I didn't get a flat...or hepatitis...or mugged. The entire landscape was so bleak and post-apocalyptic, like something out of one of the Terminator movies. I was already a bit mood-swingy so this entire ride was so depressing. I'm supposed to feel better after riding, not crappier. Jeez.
Deleting this from my ride list ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment