Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Vacation Time - OBX

Vacation plans have been booked! Heading down to the Outer Banks, NC for a week of fun in the sun for the week before Memorial Day. I like the beach, but I can't spend hours just laying there in the sand so I plan on getting two days of diving in along with some hang gliding and bike riding with Markus.

Our place is called Mermaid's Reef and its only accessible via 4X4 and is very private. Not that we need something super private for any reason in particular, but it's nice to have that much more peace and quiet. Jason wanted beachfront and Jaime is getting the pool heated since it might still be a bit brisk for swimming.

I just need to figure out how to get down there. I might ride down with Markus and Bonnie and fly back on Friday since I have Carla & Ed's wedding on Saturday. Norfolk is about 1.5 hours away, but that means someone has to drive me there and use up their precious vacation time in a car so I may splurge and opt for a charter flight from Manteo to Norfolk using Outer Banks Air Charters and Tours. The price isn't outrageous and it might worth it, esp if I can get the Norfolk to Philly flight booked using frequent flyer miles. Seems easy enough - I show up, we take off, I land and go to my gate for my next flight. What's not to like?

No comments: