Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring Cleaning

On account of the rain, my ride was canceled today so it was a good time to get a bucket of soapy water, some sponges, rags and an old toothbrush and give my cross bike a thorough cleaning. Some people on my rides have been commenting on my filthy state of my bike so I reckoned I should do something about it, not just because it looks dirty, but I read that dirt can cause havoc with parts so it's best to keep it clean.

I scrubbed the frame and wheels, wiped grease from nooks and crannies, and degunked the chain and parts the chain touches. I didn't realize how dirty it was until I started and now it looks almost like new! I could have cleaned my MTB too, but I want to leave the dirt on it a bit longer. It was way too clean for a MTB!

Now my bike smells like cucumber melon. Don't hate.

No comments: