Morning rides are actually kinda sweet. It's dark, quiet and nobody else is crazy enough to hit the streets this early in sub 20 temps so the world is your oyster at this time.
I got up at 5am, oy. I was a smart girl and set the timer on the coffee maker and had a nice cuppa with my muffins before getting dressed and by dressed I mean putting on every piece of cycling clothing I own.
I rode out to Kelly Drive, crossed at East Falls Bridge and meandered around West Fairmount Park until I almost got to West River Drive. My plan was to then turn around and go back the same way for a nice 24 mile ride, but the wind was killing me and time was running out. Seriously, I underestimated how much the wind would slow me down and kill my leg muscles. I pussed out and continued on West River Drive and headed back to my apartment where I grabbed a much needed shower before heading to work. Ahhhhhh.
Here is the cue sheet I made for the trip. I hate being lost and I wanted
some notes in case Google Maps was wrong so I scribbled some notes on the back of a Superfresh receipt and tucked it into my pocket. Can you find the error on here?I'm so glad I finally got up and did this, but next time I'll check the weather to see how windy it'll be.
PS - I know you are behind me, no need to lay on the horn. You have two lanes and there's no traffic so just signal and go around. I have more blinky lights attached to me than a Xmas tree so it's not like I just jumped out in front of you. Seriously, stop being an a-hole!
No comments:
Post a Comment