Despite the busy holiday season, I've managed to get back onto a gym schedule and I'm on my way back to my previous fitness that I had in the fall. I go to the gym 4 times a week, all after work on weekdays so that leaves Saturday and Sunday for riding, but I'd like to/need to ride some more so it's obvious what needs to happen: I need to ride in the wee hours of the morning. Riding twice on the weekends isn't going to cut it.
I'm not a morning person, especially when it comes to working out. I never feel good, never hydrated enough, hungry, unfocused and it usually leaves me feeling cranky. So far I've set my alarm for 5am twice and each time I reset it for 7am - I just couldn't pull myself out of bed. I'm all excited the night before and ready to go but it's just like when I would tell myself in college that I would get up early and finish studying before my tests and everything would be fine. Yeah, that never worked out that well either. I am seriously contemplating sleep in my riding gear so I can just jump out of bed and get going before I have time to hit snooze (I did this in college with my rugby kit sometimes if we had to be up early).
For everyone out there who works out in the morning, what's your secret to motivating your ass out of bed and getting a move on? I don't want this to be something I dread or just merely tolerate. Help!
4 comments:
I'm useless in the morning these days, but in college I was up at 5:15 largely because I knew a bus full of cranky women was waiting for me, and wouldn't be happy if I was late. Can you recruit another sap for your early morning escapades?
I wish I could get up early too, it would leave the evenings for fun things...ugh
I am in the same boat. The couple days I went to the gym before work, I was exhausted afterward...and mean to my students.
I'm up at 4:30AM every morning and off into the freezing cold for my 22 mile commute. I'll admist it's not easy on those really cold mornings but once I stand up I'm fine. Then it's off to picking out the warmest riding gear and drinking my weight in coffee. Once I see the bike I'm in heaven. True love...
Post a Comment