Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yahtzee is for Lovers

Valentines Day, ugh, need I say more? What they should really call it is "Another Day Where Men Can Yet Again Disappoint the Women in Their Lives" or "The Day Women Expect Their Lives to Play Out Like a Julia Roberts Romantic Comedy" It's best to just keep your head down and wait for it to pass, preferably with an adult beverage in your hand.

Instead of just hiding out away from the throngs of couples who insist their love is like no other, I participated in a Yahtzee Tournament and since it was for charity, I entered along with Travis, Meredith, Mancini, Tunney, Maria, Vanesha, and Sheara. Yahtzee may not sound terribly exciting, but the 9 hour open bar helped persuade me to participate. I hadn't played since I was little, but many Yahtzee veterans were on hand to help make decisions and to cheer us all on. Most of us failed to get past the 2nd round, the exception being Meredith who ended up in the finals. Trav's cousin Lester took home the crown.

We all looked stunning in our "Yahtzee is for Lover's" t-shirts (thanks Maria!) as you can see and Travis amazed everyone with her gravity defying 'napping' during the finals. I spent Sunday recovering from a 3 star hangover and I will be putting Yahtzee on my Xmas list for next year.

No comments: