Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Enough Time

I need more vacation time, plain and simple.

My job gives me 15 days of vacation each year, but that simply doesn't cut it anymore. In addition to the day I took for the day after New Year's, I just used 5 days for Mexico, which I would like back due to intestinal distress of the worst kind, and need to use 1 day in April for Alumni Weekend, 4 in May for a week in the Outer Banks, at least 1 in June for a trip to Las Vegas for Midnight 7s, at least 1 day in July for a trip to Tennessee for Pitch-A-Tent 7s, 5 more for a week at the shore with my family and 5 days to spend in Europe somewhere in the fall (Oktoberfest anyone?) since I feel like I've been neglectful of that part of the world. If my calculations are correct, I need 8 more vacation days this year. This isn't going to work.

I technically could cut short my stays at the beach and only do one rugby trip, but those things make me happy, so I'm in a quandary of sorts. I could completely cut out Europe, but I was really hoping to get over there this year, finally. I really don't want to leave myself short either in case a fabulous deal comes up which requires me to get on a plane and drop myself someplace new and exotic.

Ugh, I feel trapped and I don't like this one bit.

1 comment:

Bob Hausler said...

You can have one of my 7 weeks.
I never have enough time to use it all.