Monday, January 19, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

I was in a taxi, heading into Bangkok, starting my 14 week adventure into Asia, Australia and New Zealand. I still feel incredibly lucky for having the opportunity to do something major like this and I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't think about some part of the trip and smile :)

The question now is where to next? To start off, I'm leaving for Cancun, Mexico in a few days, so that's a start and I can tell you know I won't be doing a goddamm thing culteral, unless you consider parking myself at the swim up bar a traditional Mexican past-time. I had Dubai, UAE slated for March to attend the World Cup 7s tournament, but that fell though after my travel companion lost her job. Stupid economy. I still have my heart set on Turkey or something equally fabulous like biking in Vietnam. Since I won't be afforded the same vacation time that I had the last trip, I may try to conserve my time and head over and explore Europe a little bit. At least it's closer and doesn't take 30 hours to get there!

What are your recommendations for international travel destinations?

2 comments:

cmoore said...

Well just FYI Candace and I are trying to plan a trip to Turkey in September (I have two weeks off, and her best friend happens to live in Istanbul). If you wanted to plan a coinciding trip...

Unknown said...

I don't have any specific suggestions, but I will be happy to be your travel buddy anytime.