Friday, January 23, 2009

Gus is Going Home!

Congrats go out to my foster kitty Gus for finding a forever home! Today we say goodbye and he will go to his new home in the Art Museum area. First we will stop at the Cat Doctor to get his eyes checked out. There is a possibility he won' need eye surgery after all so please keep your fingers crossed for him!

Gus came to us as an unsocialized feral kitty with bum eyes and blossomed into a playful, sweet, cat as he grew older and became more comfortable with people and other kitties. Gus quickly became attached to me and although I worry about him being homesick in his new home with his loving mom Naomi and new sister kitty, I think I'm going to be the one who is sad when he leaves. He slept with me every night and woke me up with his tiny mews and grooming skillz, but maybe now I will be able to sleep through the night without being awoken by his incredibly loud purr. Seriously, sometimes I thought a helicopter was landing on the roof, it was that loud!

With Gus gone, I'm down to one foster, Frankie, who still needs a forever home. I'm sure City Kitties will have some more kitties to place soon enough and the house will again be filled to feline capacity in no time.

Yay Gus! I'll miss you buddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats Gus!

Love angie and p-nutt!