Monday, May 10, 2010

Muddy Buddies

As part of my post rugby career, I'm continuing to celebrate my freedom to do whatever the hell I want to do in my free time by signing up with Marfeese for the 2010 Down and Dirty Mud Run at Belmont Plateau on July 18th. It's a 5k with a few military style obstacles and a mud pit at the end of the race. Our biggest draw was the tech tee and BBQ at the end. I love free food and clothes.

I inquired about training to which Marfeese pointed out that we were probably in better shape than a lot of people who sign up so as long as I stick with the gym and the bike, I should be fine. She does Xfit so no worries there. Ah, running through mud in warm temps without someone trying to tackle us is going to be heavenly. Plus we are hoping the mud will be therapeutic for our skin and be akin to a spa visit. Yes?

No comments: