Saturday, May 8, 2010

Feline Unharmony

Sigh. It's been an uneasy few weeks. Tilly has been confined to my room indefinitely due to aggression with all the others in the house. This upset Little Bear to no end and for the first few nights she scratched furiously at my door and the carpet trying to get in (there goes my security deposit). I've tried once more to mingle Tilly with the rest of the house, but no dice. She will tolerate the boys, but is very aggressive with LB, so back into my room she goes and she is very content to owning my room. The upside is Tilly is so wonderful with people and is super loving - she just needs to be the one and only kitty in the house.

Calvin is doing well, but he is a bit, um, mischievous. He hasn't realized he gets fed each morning
and night so whenever food is brought out of the fridge, he goes crazy, like he is starving and tries to get into everything. He climbs on everything, scratches everything (RIP dining room chairs) and has a TON of energy. Calvin tries to play with LB, but she cries and doesn't want to and screams like she is being murdered (such a lovely noise at 3am) and Hutch will sometimes play, but he usually is more interested in napping. Calvin needs a home with a kitty with the same energy level so they can tire themselves out and keep each other company.

I am 90% sure I want to adopt LB at this point. She is my little baby and I love her so much. I don't think at this point I could take her to another house and never see her again.

1 comment:

cmoore said...

I never thought you'd break down and adopt! I always tell Candace what a hard ass you were when I would get all sentimental and try to keep the kitties forever...