Sunday, August 23, 2009

You Can Call Me...Miss Scarlett

Every now and then I get bored with my look and decide to dye my tresses to shake thing up a bit. The last time I dyed my hair, by myself, I went raven black and the results were dramatic and the contrast with my pale skin (it was the winter) was perfect. Then I found out that black hair dye you get in the drugstore doesn't ever come out, even if you dye your hair a different color so it was off to my stylist for some seriously expensive corrective color to return me to the land of brunette. Box of black hair dye - $8, corrective color - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. When people joke about 'once you go black you never go back", I'm pretty sure they were referencing hair color and not, ahem, anything else.

This time around I left my color in the capable hands of my stylist Whitney at Ground Zero South. I asked for bold red and copper highlights that will "almost get me fired at work." The results are perfect! They make me feel completely feisty and a little bad ass. Rooooooaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!

No comments: