I can't believe the summer is winding down and 15s rugby is upon us. This weekend we kick off our season with a pre-season camp designed to brush
up on old skills, new some new skills and dust off the cobwebs from the summer. Believe me, there are lots of cobwebs.
Tonight we begin with an informative session with Bruce Hale, a sports psychologist who works on performance enhancement techniques for athletes. He is basically going to tell us how to look adversity in the face and give it the middle finger during the course of the season, in a nutshell, which is helpful because I have a tendency to psych myself out all the time. Saturday and Sunday will be more hands on at the pitch, working on skills, meeting new players, and getting everyone on the same page. Jesus I hope it isn't hot or Record is going to have to listen to me complain for hours about it.
I would love to say I kept my promise about working out like crazy in the weeks leading up to today, but I'm afraid that isn't the case. I'm not out of shape by any means, but not really where I should be for playing wing on a competitive team during the competitive season. I just hate it when my cardio gives out before I want it to.
Once we have our schedule finalized, I'll post it here. We'd love to see you out at our matches - fall is the perfect season for some footy!
No comments:
Post a Comment