Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bike Accessorizin'

Today I finally made it out to Cadence in Manayunk to begin my search for some bike shoes and a helmet for safe riding. I've been using a helmet that is way too big for me and it makes me feel like Dark Helmet so I really needed one that fit me without flopping all over the place.

New helmet! It also matches my bike.









New shoes! I would have preferred black, but they had these in my size so I jumped on them.









I got the shoes home and Joey had given me some metal bits to screw into the bottoms so I could clip into the pedals he placed on my bike. I put them in, placed those puppies on my feet and went into the living room to practice clipping in. Looks easy, right? Seems like it would just snap into it. Nope. Nope again. I'm trying to hold up my bike and hitting the pedal at every angle trying to get something to happen and nothing is working. I lay the bike down and take the shoe off to see if I can do it manually. Nope. Cursing begins. The cats are now looking at me weird.

Ugh, I'm doing something wrong. This shouldn't be this hard.

No comments: