Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer 7s

Today is my first 7s practice is a long time, but I'm really excited. 7s is my jawn, the reason for living, my secret lover if you will. I remember working a lot last summer to pay off my big trip so I missed a lot, but I'm going to make that up this summer. The downside is my 7s fitness has a lot to be desired. I was able to wing it (no put intended) during 15s, but in 7s it's glaringly obvious if you're not in shape so I hope to get a few sprint workouts in from time to time.

The highlight of the 7s season will be Cape Cod 7s and camping near Provincetown, MA! We did this two years ago and it was a wild success, but I was unable to play, sporting an injuried leg from playing with the Beefy Backs at Cheesesteak 7s. The bar tour through P-Town with the Five People Who Should Never Be Left to Their Own Devices in Bars (you know who you are) was for the ages and one I hope to repeat again this year, culminating in some topless sunbathing to even out the eventual farmers tan. Yes Meredith, I will remember the sunscreen for the ta-tas!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

7s is no Duffers.

BloomWhereYou'rePlanted said...

I am so sad to be missing another 7s season. When I look for a job next year my top priority is "time off for rugby and booze"! May I recommend Coppertone spray-on in SPF 55 for the girls.

Fick said...

I have Neutrogena Ultimate Sport in SPF 70 :)

Anonymous said...

and those 5 people will rekindle the journey once again!!!!!