Monday, June 29, 2009

Bike Nirvana

Look at my new bike! It's a cyclocross bike to be exact, sold to me by a friend of a friend of Joey who gave me a fabulous deal on it. It's got all top of the line parts, except pedals so I haven't actually ridden it yet, but I'll hopefully be getting some of them soon. Joey has graciously offered to make necessary adjustments to fit the bike to me and put some pedals on it - as soon as I can make it out to Pottstown with it. As pretty as it looks sitting in my bedroom, I am itchin' to get on this and test it out. The downside? Breaking in my lady parts to the saddle, yeowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

So why do I have a fancy pants bike in the first place? Well, I don't participate in enough expensive and dangerous activities (rugby, diving, backpacking, etc) so I thought this would be something to do once I retire from 15s officially, which possibly might be after the fall season. I've played plenty of team sports so CX racing might be a needed change of pace for me. Me and my bike versus everyone else - I kinda like the sound of that.
For now, I'll be concentrating on logging as much time on the bike as can, especially before rugby takes off and holds me hostage for another season.

No comments: