I made it across the finish like in a blistering 1:03 and placed 124 out of 133. Joan's friend Jess placed 2nd in her age group - yay! We ended our day with some brunch and mimosas and I headed back home for some quality time on the couch. Would I do it again? Probably,but I might do soe running in the days leading up to it and get proper trail running shoes.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Trail Running is Hard
Today Joan convinced me to go trail running out in Ridley State Park for the Media Mud Stain run. 5 miles through the woods on a gorgeous day, so what's not to like (except the running part). Let me preface this by saying I'm not a runner, hate it and I believe you should only run when someone else much bigger is chasing you. But, I don't get to see Joan that often due to her crazy work schedule at the large animal hospital (veternarian) so I relented and decided to join her.
Some of her friends from the hospital joined us and we got ready and started. Joan and I ran a leisurely pace for the start and then we got to some hills which absolutely drained me. The trail was lovely, but it was much harder than I anticipated. I had a nagging cough throughout most of the race, likely from riding the day before with my mouth gaping open like a dog. Oh, did I mention that I rode 45 miles the day before and I'm tired and sore from that? No wonder I was feeling like total dog shit for the last 2 miles. My leg muscles were very pissed and my chest was pretty tight. Maybe I should do some more running for conditioning purposes cuz this is kinda pathetic.
I made it across the finish like in a blistering 1:03 and placed 124 out of 133. Joan's friend Jess placed 2nd in her age group - yay! We ended our day with some brunch and mimosas and I headed back home for some quality time on the couch. Would I do it again? Probably,but I might do soe running in the days leading up to it and get proper trail running shoes.
I made it across the finish like in a blistering 1:03 and placed 124 out of 133. Joan's friend Jess placed 2nd in her age group - yay! We ended our day with some brunch and mimosas and I headed back home for some quality time on the couch. Would I do it again? Probably,but I might do soe running in the days leading up to it and get proper trail running shoes.
Labels:
running
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment