I received a message from one of the lawyers at my firm saying he found a stray female kitten and if I could help. He heard through the grapevine that I foster for City Kitties Rescue and wanted to know if we could help. I currently only had two cats in my care so after a quick email to the CK director I was happily able to tell him I could take the kitten! Lawyer guy dropped her the next day at the Cat Doctor for the 'stray works' and I dubbed her "Zora."
I called in to check on Zora when I was informed that Zora was actually Zorro! Ha, ha, a common mistake with kittens this young. I brought him home that night and kept him in my room for a couple days so he could adjust. The introduction didn't go as smoothly as I usually expect males to pretty much get along with everyone. Vegas didn't care for him from the beginning and much hissing and chasing ensued. Per usual, Little Bear was not concerned at all.
As the days wore on, Zorro revealed his more mischievous nature by climbing on everything, scaling all furniture, stealing food off plates, terrorizing Little Bear, and just being a bad ass kitten. I then decided to change his name to Iago, after the villain in Othello. Iago can be a real sweetie though and when he's done running around like a mad man, he likes to relax on a lap and sometimes suckles your t-shirt.
If you know anyone that wants a feisty companion cat, then Iago is for you!
I called in to check on Zora when I was informed that Zora was actually Zorro! Ha, ha, a common mistake with kittens this young. I brought him home that night and kept him in my room for a couple days so he could adjust. The introduction didn't go as smoothly as I usually expect males to pretty much get along with everyone. Vegas didn't care for him from the beginning and much hissing and chasing ensued. Per usual, Little Bear was not concerned at all.As the days wore on, Zorro revealed his more mischievous nature by climbing on everything, scaling all furniture, stealing food off plates, terrorizing Little Bear, and just being a bad ass kitten. I then decided to change his name to Iago, after the villain in Othello. Iago can be a real sweetie though and when he's done running around like a mad man, he likes to relax on a lap and sometimes suckles your t-shirt.
If you know anyone that wants a feisty companion cat, then Iago is for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment