Sometimes I get a little annoyed because I look back and think about how much time I've spent playing rugby instead of or actively pursuing other activities. Don't get me wrong, I love rugby more than anything, but I can rattle off a list of shit I haven't gotten too because my weekends are tied up playing or boozing because we get excited about an off weekend or spending it with family because they forget what I look like. Luckily Woj was there to set me straight:
"Rugby is really only a few weekends out of 52...but it provides an excuse why other activities are not pursued..but really...people that don't have rugby for an excuse don't typically spend there time doing anything more productive than walking around king of prussia trying on khakis and uggs."
I cringe at the thought at being this person, of not doing anything or having any goals and it's makes me smile that I invested so much time into it. I won't play forever, but I can't imagine not having any kind of competitive goal. Even when I'm 100 years old, I want to be the captain of the old folks home shufleboard team. Combat style, of course.
1 comment:
So true the words and thoughts...I concur!!!!
Post a Comment