Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Countdown to Contact

It's official - one month before 15s rugby starts back up! Everything for fall is going to feel so new since they did the whole Premier League thing and rearranged the competitive regions. Our division now includes NOVA, Boston, Atlanta and Orlando so that means a lot of travel, but I don't mind. As crazy as it gets during the season, some of the more hysterical moments have been on the road, notably Boston for some odd reason.

The only thing I need to do now is get into fighting shape for the season. I always say I'll be in better shape than the previous season, but I really mean it this time. I'm not getting any younger and just doing the maintenence isn't enough anymore. I'm thinking I might have to do 2-a-days twice a week to be where I want to be once our first match comes up. I would love it if my body would just bound out of bed in the morning for a run or sprints, but it doesn't and I'm gonna have to play some sort of mental game with myself to find the motivation to put in the extra work. Anyone have any tips for working out in the morning?

No comments: