I've been booking flights to some southern locations (Orlando, Charleston, Charlotte) and the best deals I've come across have been with Airtran. I usually like to grab US Air flights when I can but roundtrip deals are starting at $169 so if you need flights to these places, go book them now!
The only think I can wholeheartedly suggest is to avoid connecting in Atlanta, especially later afternoon/evening, at all costs. This airport is so busy that the possibility of your flight leaving late or missing a connection is a distinct possibility. Bad weather? Effin' forget it, just start calling for the cheapest hotel rooms since there aren't too many decent places to sleep on the floor at Hartsfield International Airport. Make sure if you do have a connection you leave at least 90 minutes inbetween your connections. I've been screwed twice (thanks Delta!) so do yourself a favor and either get a non-stop or fly really early in the morning if you have to connect in Atlanta.
With that said, I'm tempting fate by connecting in Atlanta on the way to Charleston and home from Charlotte, on an early morning flight and the other is at noon so maybe third time's the charm?
No comments:
Post a Comment