My maternal instincts are being tested a lot lately.
Little Bear is a tricky girl and requires much attention. After not really eating for the last 2 days, I have found the trick to getting her to nip on some food. She only wants to eat if there are other cats present so I have to drag Nelson up to my bedroom, where LB's socialization cage is located, and put him right next to it so she feels like he is competition and starts to chow down. Slightly odd, but at least I've figured out how to get her to eat.
I've been keeping her in the cage as per her former foster parent's suggestion to help her adjust, let the other kitties sniff around her and to keep her from running under my bed and wedging herself into the box spring. Everything was going great until about 2am last night when I heard this:
Meoooooooow, mew, mew, mew, meow, mew, mew, meoooooow, mew, mew, meow, meow, mew, mew, meoooooow, mew, meoow, mew, meow, mew, mew, meoooooow, mew, meow, mew, meow, mew, mew, meoooooow, mew, mew, meoow, meow, mew, mew, meoooooow, mew, mew, mew, meow, mew, mew, meoooooow, mew, mew, mew, meow, mew, mew, meoooooow, mew, mew, meow, meow, mew, mew, meoooooow, etc.
She doesn't like being in the cage overnight. I got up, took her out and held her for a bit, but she was being a bit wiggly, like she wanted to run around. I placed her back in the cage and the meowing started back up again. I had no choice but to let her out and she promptly took off for the box spring. I was a bit too tired to be concerned at this point.
Now what?
2 comments:
Hmmm, tricky. I feel like letting her hang out in the box spring during the day might ease her transition? Also, would she be better in the bathroom at night? (Probably not, but maybe worth a shot). Kittens are a handful...
She is officially in the general population and is adjusting much better. Nothing brings her out of hiding faster than the sound of food hitting her bowl!
Post a Comment