Yesterday was my first 15s practice in about 22 months. It still shocks me that it's been that long since I've played 15s! I wasn't really planning on playing full-time, but the lure of cheap airfare and a superfun tournament (Nash Bash) was too much and I decided to play part-time this spring. I was reluctant to commit to a full season, mainly because my previous work-life-rugby balance was always heavily skewed towards rugby and I didn't want to get sucked all the way back into it.
Well, the rugby vortex is a powerful force and from the smell of my boots to the feel of the ball in my hands, it just felt like the right thing to do. When almost every Saturday of the last 12 years has rugby involved in some way, it's a hard habit to break. Being at training made me feel like I never stopped in the first place. Actually, I lie. It totally feels like I haven't played in 2 years (from a cardio standpoint), but I think you get my point.
It's good to be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment