Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two Year Anniversary

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of my 14 week trip abroad. I arrived in Bangkok and left for home via Auckland 14 weeks later and since then my need for travel and adventure has been heightened, not satiated.

I think the only for real trip I have on the horizon will be a cycling tour of Vietnam which Courtney and I have talked about for years. I need to figure out when she is officially graduating and when we can actually go. Flights to Asia aren't cheap, especially if we take bikes with us, but once there we can live like kings. I should start saving my money now.

The plan (so far) is to take a month and ride from Hanoi to Ho Chi Mihn and take our time and not really have a set schedule. We could always go with a tour, but research on this route has verified it to be safe and well traveled so we should be fine on our own. From pics I've seen and from talking to other people, it should be an amazing time. Now I just need to get my job to let me go for a month.

1 comment:

cmoore said...

The word right now is September 2013. I may go to China sometime around there, and China is relatively close to Vietnam...

You'll have to get on me to train before then! I don't know if 5am rides will ever happen, but at least getting on a bike would be a good start.

P.S. No tour, obvi. Other trips on my itinerary include Turkey, Costa Rica, and Paris/Belgium. Let me know if you want to tag along for any/all ;)